Saturday, March 16, 2019

1969 To & From Catherine -Mar.13,17


3/13/69
Dear Catherine:

Our last letters crossed in the mail, and this will probably happen again.  Anyway, we cannot come up this next Thursday, which would leave Sat. for us.  If you can come on the bus we would be glad to meet you in say Dayton, Columbus or Cincinnati.  We are planning to go to Chicago over Easter and will take things up to K in June as you mention.  We will get the gears on the bike fixed in interim.

Mares has been here since Wed. and starts back to school next Mon.  She is working at a Girl Scout camp near Chattanooga, Tenn. this summer.  Joe has been accepted for the Peace Corps in Africa.  MV and "her dog" are getting along fine, he had his first shot last night.

Good luck next week, we are looking forward to seeing you and have tentative dental appt. for you.  Dad.

* * * * *
3/17/69

Hi!  It's been a lovely day which I enjoyed thoroughly by goofing off.  However, it is now down to 13 hours until my history exam and right after that is the German.  So I'm off to the library for some last minute cramming!  Actually, I don't believe in cramming so I am just going to review a little bit and hope alot.

I think my bus gets in Columbus at 8:10 PM Friday night.  I think that is too late to get a bus to Wilmington but if it isn't I will gladly ride on to Wilmington.  Or there is another bus I could get which would arrive in Dayton at 10:45.  I am assuming that Columbus is a more convenient time.  If not, let me know as soon as possible.  I'll probably be going to Bob's house sometime Thursday.  The psych exam is Wednesday afternoon and then I'm off for four months of vacation!

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album