Wednesday, March 13, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -March?


[undated]
Wednesday AM
Hi!

At work – just found the enclosed by the copy machine – in the waste basket – thought you might find them interesting, Dad.

Dorothy Stubbs & husband went to Kansas for about 2 weeks – her mother is seriously ill – also Rich's father sick – last night we had Dorcas & Chris over for supper – Marion commented Chris on his clean glasses for you – Mary Virginia.  We had pizza from Pizza Hut – w/ $2 off coupon – 4 people can eat for less than $4 dollars – just cheaper than Wednesday night at the church – which – again tonight will be $1.50 again – as going to have pork roast dinner – some evangelist has been there – MARY WEBSTER – if you know the name.

My plans for summer are not definite – Should I be required to take 12 hours – at school – undergraduate courses – then I'd probably stay here & get them – It would be easier to get them here.  If thats not the case – and I do go to school in the fall – I'd probably quit here – in June – (1st part) would be interested in coming to New Vienna for the summer – if there would be employment.

Marion's brother-in-law Marland has been offered big job in Oak Ridge Tenn. – head of new company – for the same company he works for now.  I'd think it would be neat to be close to Grand Old Opry – see Charlie Pride – all the big ones.

Tomorrow night Sally is coming over for supper this time creamed chicken – wish  you were here to debone it Mary – then Sally will be helping me w/ math – which I sure need the help in – giving her supper is good price for being tutored!!

Oh!  Doreen thought Mesa High was a good idea, Mary!

Where are the pictures I heard about?  J.B. sent me a letter – w/ picture of him & Morgans taken on his tour.

Gotta go –

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album