Friday, September 21, 2018

1988 Catherine's Letter -Oct.4

10-4-88
1:00 pm
Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Grandma & I are sitting in Roberta's car ready to go to the airport.  Here comes Roberta now! 

We got your letter yesterday.  I'm glad the button got there OK – I thought later maybe I shouldn't have mailed it as it might have broken.

The library is having a big craft sale this weekend.  It's a second annual major event, with about 200 booths.  It's being held at the park.

We ate at Hunan Gardens last night.  They had the idea it was Grandma's birthday so they brought a plate of fruit with a candle in the middle.  They also asked if I had lost my keys (which I had been missing since you were here).  They had found them under the table but didn't know how to get in touch with me.  I had no idea I'd left them there so was quite surprised!

Wendy did quite well on her 1st 9 weeks report card.  And she is very happy with the school, her teacher & friends so life is going well for her at the moment.

We're almost to the airport so better close.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry &
Wendy 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album