Thursday, September 06, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -Sep.11

[9/11/78]
Sunday Morning
11:45 AM
Hi!

We all made connection in Denver w/ no problem – my flight was even 15 minutes early so met Serena & A. Mary at G'ma's gate.  Serena had gotten us 2 rooms at YM – very adequate – we were up on 6th floor – no air c – warm – but w/ windows open very comfortable.

Had dinner last night w/ Pat – her husband works for Col. Public Service – rotates shifts every 9 days – now on 11pm-7am shift – so he was sleeping – but we saw lots of pictures –

Called up I.T. yesterday – met her this AM for b'fast – then went out & picked up a few more antiques for Marion – like a corn planter, oil can, wooden soda case and shears – for scrubs [shrubs?].  Then I dropped Serena, G'ma, A. Mary here for church – I went back to YM w/ I.T. – got back here so late hated to go upstairs – service started at 10:55 – they have loud speaker in here –

Serena's car runs good – I'm thinking about going out 70 West then cutting up North – we went I-25 last year –

Mom – I'll be seeing you in California – will plan for G'ma to fly back 1st October –

With wheelchair, walker – 2 suitcases – my overnight bag – we just have a full trunk – I brought small thermos and orange/yellow cooler that I had in New Vienna – so maybe will do some picnicking.

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album