Thursday, August 31, 2017

1977 Catherine's Letter -Sep.8

Thursday afternoon, Sept. 8, 1977
Dear Mom, Dad, Mary Virginia & Roberta,

Hi!  Guess where I got this stationery?  You're right, we went to Pic & Save last weekend.  I also got a 49¢ jigsaw puzzle (which I finished putting together this morning), a desk organizer, and a cheese grater.  For Roberta's information we went to the one on Lake Murray Blvd.

We went to the Dr. this morning and he said there is no change since last week so the chances are good that it will be at least another week and possibly longer.  It has been very humid at night lately which makes sleeping difficult but otherwise not too bad.  I've been getting some suntan and going swimming during the day – I don't really swim I just sort of float in the water.  That helps keep me cool.  At any rate I have another Dr's appointment next Thursday morning.  We had our last LaMaze class and I've got my suitcase packed so I'm all set.  Gerry is taking the car into a garage on Saturday morning to have the U-joint replaced so that the car will be in good condition to get us to the hospital.  

The Baby Book arrived yesterday.  Thanks for sending it.  There is nothing particular that we need you to bring us from New Vienna.  It sounds like you are going to have a car full anyway.  We are hoping that Roberta will decide to spend the winter in San Diego - we miss having her here.  We are anxious to hear what her plans are.  She should be here to make sure that her niece (or nephew?) is properly cared for!

It seems kind of quiet around here since Gerry's folks have gone back to Maine and DeeDee has gone home.  I haven't been doing too much.  I try to do all my chores first thing in the morning as that is when I have the most energy and then I take a nap in the afternoon.  One of the things LaMaze stresses is to be well rested when labor begins.

Fri. AM
Woke up this morning to find the plumbing all backed up – the bathroom flooded and the bathtub full of water which had drained down from upstairs.  Ugh!  I guess this whole side of the building has the same problem – earlier in the week the other side's plumbing was backed up.  At least the washing machines were OK so I was able to do the laundry as I had planned.  They are here working on the plumbing right now.

I'm going over to El Cajon later this morning to have lunch with Gerry.  He's going to take a late lunch and then I'll spend the rest of the afternoon in El Cajon so I only have to ride the bus one way.

Today is (actually Wednesday 9-7 was) California Admission day but they they are celebrating today due to Monday having been a holiday – the banks and state offices are closed.  But stores are open as usual for last minute school shoppers – school starts Monday.

Love,
Catherine & Gerry

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album