Tuesday, August 15, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter - Aug. 28


August 28, 1967

Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John & Mary,

Hi!  Glad to hear from you-all once again.  It seems like a long time since I was home just last week!

Marilyn Dill from Washington Court House has offered to take me as far as her house next Monday.  Her mother is coming up after her.  Please notice the enclosed map which will direct you to her house.  I hope you can fit it together all right.  It is shorter to turn on the ToweGing Road but Marilyn was afraid you might miss it so also included the longer route through Washington C.H. turning at the intersection where the 3C intersects with Rt. 62.  If this is all right with all of you I will call from Mt Sterling so we can arrive at the Dill house at approximately the same time.  The Patio closes at 2:00 P.M. but I am not sure how soon we can get out of Lakeside.

I have given up most thoughts of Expo '67 mainly because when I get home I am going to have to catch up on those required books for Kalamazoo, finish my math, plus do the millions of other things which will have to be done before I leave for the winter.

I have heard nothing from Kalamazoo.  Neither has Charley so we are both living in ignorance.

The tomatoes are really good!  The three real green ones are just now beginning to ripen up.  I have been eating one a day -- like vitamins.

I stole Roberta's idea of the envelopes [folded page of a colorful magazine] mainly because I ran out.  Hope you don't mind, Roberta!

Friday night I went out with a guy named Lennie who is in the Coast Guard stationed in Marblehead.  He is nice but I still like Jim better.  I got a letter from Jim Saturday he wasn't able to make it up this weekend.

It is really frigid up here!  Feels more like October or November than August.

See you all next week!

Love, 
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album