Saturday, August 19, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter -Aug.


Sunday
[Aug. 1977]
Dear Family –

Hi – I'm not sure how long it's been since I've written – but wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about you!

Today I started in the dining room – which means that I won't have much time to get bored this week!

Last Tuesday on my day off I had a big day – went to Coney Island – in Brooklyn w/ the Rosario girls – rode all the crazy rides & ate junk food.  The place was really run down – most of the rides, were 75¢ or $1.00 – a big rip-off!

Monday night Kay Levitt & I ate at a Greek restaurant – I had cheese & spinach pie.  Then we saw the play Chicago – it was disappointing – full of bad language & the music wasn't even so great!  Mary Virginia – I want to see Annie!

We are having a heat wave up here now – for so long it was really cool!

All the staff is gone now but J.B., myself, & ? & Donnie.  The place is really full – all the old-timers – most w/ cars which makes the driving easy.  Tomorrow if men have to catch the 6:00 bus – going into work.

I had a letter from Marion – they got to Columbus Friday at 8:30 p.m. – where they wanted to spend the night – but state fair – so everything was full.  They kept stopping & finally found a place in Richmond, Indiana at 1:00 A.M.

We had the last carnival yesterday – which I more or less organized – took in $130.

I'm planning on packing up the Buick on Sunday or Monday – then go into the city Monday p.m. for a few days – will leave the car here.  I'm not sure if I'll be home for the weekend – but the 15th is fine for heading West.  Mom – I'm glad you are planning on going out & of course we'll have room.  I am taking the Buick – probably will sell it out there – then will fly back home.

Vince, Kelly & Carol left this morning.  Mr. Ream asked me tonight where Carol was – talk about bad communications!

Drove the seniors down to Flemington last week – made 2 trips w/ the Red van – one on Wednesday, other on Thursday.  Then on Friday after my last trip into the city we took the van back.  So now just have the V.W. w/ the crazy door that keeps falling off!

It was nice of you to have Jackie come – how long did she stay?  Did she have alot to say?  How is her appetite?  What's new with her?

Tomorrow is Tomahawk – with just the VW van.  There will be about 5 trips each way.

Mary Va – we went bowling tonight – Liz, Kids, Curtis & Scotty –  I didn't bowl – just kept score.

Charlie Wagner, Frank Tiffany & Mr. Hodge are in Marion & Ito's room.  It seems strange.

My new sandals – ordered a pair – custom made – are really comfortable.

We went to Burger King tonight – at the table next to us the girl cracked her tooth eating a hamburger.

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album