Sunday, August 13, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -Aug.23

August 23, 1967

Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  I hope you all make it to Dayton in time despite the flat tire and had a safe trip home.

I am now on the third day of my diet and according to the scales at the grocery store I have lost three pounds.  The tomatoes and plus are delicious.

When I went to work Tuesday morning, Hugh said he had wondered whether I would be back but he seemed pleased that I was.  They got another girl to work in the kitchen so I am now a full time waitress.  Last night I made $5.13 in tips which isn't too bad.

I also got my schedule for the rest of the summer which is every night until next Thursday, and then starting Friday I will work days including Labor Day.  The Patio is scheduled to close at 2:00 P.M. on Labor Day.  The umbrellas, tables and outside chairs have already been put away and we are cleaning up as much as possible every day.

I will have to let you all know later what my arrangements will be as far as coming home.

Jim and Doug had talked of coming up this weekend as Jenna will be back and I had thought I would be working days.  Since I am working nights it may complicate matters slightly.

When do the Beers get back?

I have to get ready to go to work now, so I better close.  Oh, I almost forgot, I saw Mr. Andrew in the Patio yesterday.  His niece is the mother of one of they guys I used to work with at the Hotel.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album