Monday, March 26, 2012

1992 Roberta's letter to Grandma - March 22

Roberta writes a two page letter to Grandma, Gladys Hiestand Uible, in March 1992. She mentions her handwriting so I will refrain from making any comments about that. I'm sure Grandma was able to read the writing and even between the lines. Page one included below Transcription follows.
 
Posted by Picasa
3/22/1992

Dear Grandma,

I am very sorry to hear that you are not feeling very well – but hope by the time you get this you will be feeling much better – and wanting to eat and drink more!  I wish I could come and see you now but my ticket is not until just after Easter!  [April 19 in 1992]  Should I bring the CATS?

This is a copy of Joe's history [on the back of page 2 - see tomorrow's blog] that Sid typed for him.  I had forgotten he was born in Cincinnati.  The Hortons must have been living in Hillsboro at the time.

I remember that house they used to live in – in Hillsboro.  How the people that bought it painted it purple – or was it some other bright but ugly color?

Do tell Sadie and the folks Hi for me.  I just don't write too many letters these days.  You used to write such nice letters and your handwriting was so good!  My handwriting is so BAD – people say it is very hard to READ!  I must take after DAD – where did he get his hard-to-read handwriting from?

[Love, Roberta – We can assume there was a closing, but not in my possession . . . .]



No comments:

Items from Uible photo album