Sunday, November 08, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Nov.10


 Monday morning
November 10, 1980

Dear Mother, Dad & Mary,

Hi!  Thanks for the post card from Gatlinburg which arrived Thursday and your letter which came on Saturday.  I tried calling Friday morning but nobody answered.  Did you have to work, Mother?

The Woll's left for a long weekend and won't be back until late tomorrow.  It was my turn to work Friday, Debbie's turn today and then mine again tomorrow.  But we traded because Gerry has tomorrow off.  The co-op stays open on Veteran's Day but only half the employees work.  Gerry should have had last year's V. Day off but since he was in the hospital he gets this year & next year!  We thought we might go to Kah-nee-ta and go swimming tomorrow.

Wednesday morning

Just tried calling you again but still no answer.  We did go swimming yesterday and had lunch at Kah-nee-ta.  It sure was nice to have a holiday.

Wendy woke up this morning with a rash all over her body and bigger spots on her face.  The girl that used to work for Dr. Woll is taking my place today so I can take Wendy to the Dr.  If it is not anything contagious I can take her to the Day Care Center but if it is I'll have to make some other arrangements.  Her appointment is at 10:45.  I'll wait until after that to finish this so I can tell you what the diagnosis is.

I guess I did too good on my collections at work last month.  Starting in December they are raising the amount to $10,500 before the bonus starts.  That probably won't be a very big month anyway with the holidays.

I found your negatives so I will enclose them with this letter.  Wendy is just beginning to learn her letters so she wanted to see her name.

W E N D Y

I am sending some of her latest "art work" separately.

Just got done at the Dr.'s.  They think Wendy might have strep throat.  They took a throat culture and will let me know tomorrow if it is positive.  The rash is called scarletina and often accompanies strep throat.  I got a prescription of penicillin and she can go back to Day Care tomorrow.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album