Friday, November 13, 2020

1970 Roberta's Postcard -Nov.17

 

Nov.17, 1970
Dear Family,
Thanks alot for your letter today.  Also the 20¢!  I've already given the $1.80 to someone on the Crescent staff.  I don't know when you should be getting it.

I hope by now you got my letter about flying home.  And also that you have sent the money.  (Direct Approach!)

Gov. McCall has been here at school.  It was for the Presidents Convocation at the beginning of the school year.

Was glad to hear that E.C. won another game!  G.F.C. has a basket-ball team and I think their season starts pretty soon.

I liked your Christmas seals.  I got some sent me from New Vienna -- they also wanted $3.00!  I did send them $1.00.

Did (or will) you all go to the Ponderosa Steak House at Tri-County?  I believe its new -- wasn't even open the first of September -- Have a steak for me!  HA!  Hope you all are fine.  Serena -- hope your feet aren't giving you too much trouble.

Love, Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album