Sunday, November 15, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Nov.16

 


Nov. 16, 1970
Dear Family,

Thanks alot for your post-card today.  I also got a letter today from Aunt Mary.

I survived Future Freshman week-end.  Boy -- I'm glad thats over.  But, I hear they have another one in February.

I will be out for Thanksgiving between next Wednesday at noon to the next Monday.

My room-mate went home today at 2:30 this afternoon because she doesn't think she is getting enough sleep.  I think, she is getting too much.  Between her and her mother - - - - her mother gets upset and worried if she finds out Mary isn't in bed by 10:30 p.m.  Her mother actually had the nerve to tell me that I should try to get all my homework done before 10:30 (at night!) And also if I would be sure and get Mary some coffee-cake at breakfast.  I very seldom miss breakfast and Mary never gets up for it.  I wasn't sure what to say to her mom -- she left me nearly speech-less!  I just went to the radio and changed the channel while she was talking to me.

Is Catherine coming home for Thanksgiving?

Is there any other "Avis" buttons you all want?  Any special country?  I did have a big boxful (one rain-coat pocket full) but I have been giving them out here in the dorm.

Did Grandma leave for Florida yet? 

You cannot see Mt. Hood from Newberg because of all those other mountains.  You can see Mt. Hood, Mt. Adams, and Saint Helens on the freeway going from Newberg to Portland.

What happened about N.C.R. in the merger?  Vanessa's dad is laid off now -- too bad for all of them.

Alot of the kids here do go skiing.  In fact there is a skiing club we can join, etc.  I am anxious to join the swimming club after Christmas.  It's a physical education course.  I would have to pay $12.50 extra -- I think.

Tomorrow a girl across the hall from me -- Mary Ferguson and I are going to Portland State U. -- in Portland to get some books for our term papers.  Mary F has a car so we won't have to mess with the buses.  If we get in before their book store closes I hope to sell my nutrition book.

Well, I better close now.  OH, I got an 'A' on my Sociology paper last week.  He also wrote on it "Very Good".  I couldn't believe it.  We had to write about a power structure -- authority, everything, etc.  I wrote about N.C.R.

Well, see you all in about a month!

Love,
Bert

P.S. I hope I can still drive a car in December -- hope I haven't forgotten how!! HA! HA!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album