Wednesday, November 11, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Nov.14


 Nov 14, 1970

Dear Family,

Hi!  Hope all is well with you all.  I just got done writing a letter to Mrs. Schamaun -- I had gotten a letter from her yesterday.

Last night as planned, we went into [Portland] to see "The Cross and the Switch-blade.  It was really good!  Before the movie we went to a Taco House and got a complete meal full of "Hot" food.

Now, before we went to eat we went to the air-port.  I checked about coming home.  I have made a reservation for Friday December 18 -- I will be leaving Portland at 12:30 A.M. and will get into Dayton at 10:50 A.M.  Now, get this.  I have two exams scheduled for Friday.  I will arrange with the teachers about taking the exams early.  This is OK -- I have already checked.  I did try to get a reservation for Friday aft or evening.  But they were all full.  Except for first class!  Even the flights going on Saturday & Sunday are full. (except again for first class!)  The man that I talked to was very nice and he said I would have to wait till Monday.  So I told him I would go on Thursday.  Now, I will be flying home excursion rate.  I also have a reservation to fly back to Oregon on Jan. 4 -- the 4:00 flight like I took out of Dayton in September.

I will get ¼ off because of flying excursion.  But it is still $201.00.  I need this before Dec 5th because I told them I would pick up my ticket by then.  $201 is alot cheaper than flying coach fare.  Coach fare is $250 round-trip.  Of course stand-by is only $150 but just forget that figure over Christmas!

I will be needing some money -- like $200.  Now, I do have some money but I will need it between now and Christmas -- especially over Thanksgiving.  I would deeply appreciate you all sending me about $200 before too long so I can go to the air-port and pick up my ticket & all.

OH also if I flew after Friday afternoon (after 12:00 noon) -- I wouldn't be able to fly the excursion rate.

This week-end is future freshman week-end.  When we got in last night at 12:00 we found 3 girls in our room.  They aren't even serious about coming here.  They must come because its a free ride!  Doesn't cost them a thing.  They expect us to entertain them.  Not only that but they had us up till after 3:00 AM this morning and then up again at 7:00 this morning.  I couldn't believe it!!

Well, I better close now for I want to finish my term paper -- my History one on John Wesley.

I did pick up some more Avis buttons last night.

Got Church newsletter in the mail today.  Something must be wrong with Aunt Mary -- I always get her carbon copy on Saturday and today I didn't.

We are up to the war of 1812 in History -- in fact we are up to the election of 1816!  Term of Monroe! WOW!

Got to go.  Will write more when I hear from you all.  All of my classes are going fine -- I sure dread those exams I'm saving my nerve pills till then.  HA!  Love, Bert


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album