Monday, September 09, 2019

1989 Roberta's Letter -July


7-  -89
Dear folks (& Miss Wendy),

Enjoyed talking w/ you all tonight -- & hear about your trip to Indiana!  Wendy -- have you ever been to Indiana before?

I'll include the bulletin inset for Trinity Bible this week -- thought maybe you all could use it in some way at N.V. UMC  (how's that for initials!?)  Our newspaper has really cut down on the details in the obits -- just the bare facts.  Remember Frances Bartlett [?] -- who had been here at Sr. Village over 5 years -- she died 2 weeks ago -- She was one of the most stubborn people I've ever met.  Wendy you stayed overnight w/her one time -- in the house next to ours -- Frances was originally from MAINE.

I've got my reservations made w/ use of a coupon for $18.00 per night at Best Western in Mesa next weekend.  I hope to leave here by noon on Friday & return after on Monday.  So far I've got 3 dinners or lunches set up.  I also hope to have some pool side time --

Since I cancelled my plane ticket I had $318 credit on my charge card so 1st week Sid was gone I took care of that!  One of my MAJOR purchases was pair of walking shoes -- they make SAS in comparison seem uncomfortable!  I'll enclose picture of them --

A little ole lady -- one who I do grocery shopping for made me a beautiful lace white collar -- she is always trying to pay me for shopping for her.  She lives out in the community -- not a S.V. resident.

I'm awfully glad that Sid is having a great time -- he was ready for a change of scenery.  Cynthia's 25th High School Reunion will be this fall and she is planning on making the trip back for the celebration!  Cynthia was V.P. her junior year -- then president her Senior year so she was very involved in this class "stuff" -- school spirit, etc.

Just as I'm ready to fall asleep -- my pen seems to be waking up -- (darker) --

Tomorrow the daughter of the artist who had lived at Sr. Village is coming out.  Her mom made lots of jewelry -- died soon after she moved in -- ACCOHOR -- but it had killed the brain cells much earlier.  Daughter lives in Portland Oregon -- here for the 118º weather!

Much Love,
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album