Friday, September 27, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter to John -Aug.1

Wednesday A.M.
[August 1, 1979]
Dear John.

Have you had any serious thoughts about changing careers . . . going from the banking world to the moving business.  Should you decide to make the change, let me know, I know where you can get a good truck driver.

We got home fine, about 11:45 p.m.  Elizabeth spent the night here and then I just took her home the next morning.  We had the shop truck down there by 7:30.  Elvis and Donna were over there watching me back it up to the dock.  I didn't get real close to it.

Mother and Dad got in late Monday night.  They seemed to have really enjoyed the trip, quite some funny stories to tell, Daddy sure is sun-tanned.

Your suitcase came in on Monday -- fine shape, except a little pushing in right at the top.  nothing too bad at all.

It seems I have a quiet weekend this one coming up . . . no flea market, and no moving jobs --as yet.  Have you gotten everything is order by now????  Are they still working on the house too?

I've got to go.  Maybe we will see you before the 25th -- or 24th even . . . .

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album