Tuesday, September 17, 2019

1979 MV's Letter -July 30


[Madras, Or.]
July 30, 1979
Dear Family --

I thought I better get another letter off before I come home.  Dee-dee and I try to help Catherine but unfortunately we don't always work up to capacity.  We have gone to the cove [swimming] three times since I've been here -- that seems to have helped my incision.  It's now a complete scar, but still pretty "red."

We did go to church yesterday, but the guy couldn't compare with Rev. Wise . . . .  Personally I didn't like him, but Catherine and Gerry seem to enjoy him.

Last nite for supper Catherine baked a salmon -- without the head and tail. It turned my stomach just to look at it, so I didn't eat any.  Catherine fixed salmon-salad for lunch today and I managed to eat some.  We're supposed to have chicken enchiladas for supper -- I'm looking forward to that.  I take it the wedding invitations have gone out --Catherine and Gerry got theirs today.  I heard John did a good job yesterday in church.

Love --
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album