Thursday, September 12, 2019

1979 MV's letter to John -July 19


July 19, 1979

Dearest John --

I didn't expect to hear back from you so soon.  Roberta didn't arrive tonite, so she has to be home tomorrow for the canoe trip.  I really did miss her & her singing, even tho' she drove me up the wall.

It looks like Catherine & Wendy will be coming for the wedding, so I'll probably be enjoying Oregon without Mother.  Pray that I'll have a chance to talk with Catherine.  Georgialia's complaining and I haven't even left.  She put me thru the 3rd degree after I was gone last winter -- wanting to know when & where I'm going when.  By the way, she & Stanley D. will be at the wedding -- at least that's how it sounds . . .

I feel now that I am to go to prep school -- to get a better education & meet more people.  If nothing else, to get away from Mom & Dad.  I know that's a bad motive especially since they'd pay for it.  But they literally can't relate to me or my needs.  Sure, they've given me just about everything I could ever want -- materially.  I just don't see or feel any real love, and that's one of the biggest things a teenager needs.  From what I've heard from Carol, you can relate to at least some of my feelings.

Ruth and I are getting along fine, and I either go home every day or Mom & Dad come out.  It's been good because I've needed to get out of the house.  I'm looking forward to going to Oregon & Nashville, but I'll miss everybody.

As far as Leanne playing at the wedding, she hasn't let me know.  You might as well go ahead & try to find somebody else.  I love you & miss you very much.  Do share your blessings.

Love, Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album