Friday, September 13, 2019

1969 Roberta's Letter -July 20


July 20, 1969
Dear Family,

It's now Sunday night and all we've heard all day is about the men on the moon.

Grandma and I ate out at Duff's for lunch.  It was very good.

We went up to N.C.R. again Friday.  We filled out four pages of questions.  They sure are nosy!

Well, I thought I had the V.W. horn fixed.  But no -- it went and had another horn FIT!  As I guess Grandma told you -- I drove up to the V.W. place in Xenia for a "horn relay."  Um -- I was told that VW's don't have horn relays!!  They said there was either 1) a short in the wires or 2) the part(s) might be corroded.  They said to bring it up . . . .

All the Lynd "kids" are home.  It sue is a mess up there.  All these grand-children running all around!!

It has been HOT lately.  Today it cooled off.  It has rained & rained all day long.

I'll see you all soon.  Seems its' too late to send this even to your address in Santa Fe.

Love, 
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album