Saturday, September 28, 2019

1979 Catherine's Letter -Aug.2


August 2, 1979
Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Mary is using the typewriter so here's hoping you can read my writing.  I thought I'd try to get a letter written to you today since Mary can deliver it tomorrow and save me 15¢ as well as getting it to you quickly.

Only a couple of weeks now and Wendy and I will be there.  I still feel a little funny about coming without Gerry but we are gradually getting used to the idea and I'm sure we'll survive.  And I am looking forward to coming to New Vienna and being able to go to the wedding, etc.  What are the chance we can go to Velva Sheen while I'm there?  I thought after I had made the reservations I should have made them through Cincinnati so we'd be closer to Velva-Sheen but the Cin. airport seems so far away.

Mary & DeeDee have been getting along pretty well.  I've been cracking the whip and getting some work out of them so hope Mary doesn't come home too tired.  Wendy loves to go on bike rides & walks with Mary.  She'll have somebody she should recognize right off when she comes to Ohio.  Wendy is really going to miss DeeDee after she leaves.  One of her friends is gone for the week and Wendy talks about her every day and keeps wanting to see her.

I'm sure Mary must have mentioned some of the things we have done while she has been here.  She has met quite a few of our tenants since she has been here during rent paying time.  Plus we went to church on Sunday so she met some people there.  We had our monthly inspection on Tuesday so she met Sandi.  I really had the girls working before the inspection.

I started my golf lessons but there weren't enough for a class.  The teacher (the librarian's husband) is going to give another girl and I lessons after he gets back from vacation next week.  I've been practicing about twice a week with Emily (the other girl).  she only lives about a block from here so we go down to the Jr. High.  Emily has a 10-year-old step-daughter who is here from Tucson so we've done a few things together.  Next week Dawn (the step-daughter) is coming here on Tuesday and DeeDee is going with them on Wednesday to a ranch.

Also next week starting on Wednesday is the County Fair.  That is supposed to be the big event of the year here.  Should be interesting.  DeeDee goes back on Saturday.

Well, I'm anxious to hear more details of the wedding and all the other happenings you are all involved in.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
DeeDee & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album