Wednesday, April 20, 2016

1986 Catherine's Letter -Apr.21



4-21-86
Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Well, it looks like I'm finally going to be able to send the pictures to you.  Sorry it has taken so long.

Tonight is Wendy's spring concert – grades 1-6 all sing a few songs.  She plans to wear that white dress she got in Spokane.  She wore a sundress to school today – it's been so warm – 70º both yesterday and today.

I am going to the Washington Library Assoc. conference in Spokane on Friday and Saturday.  On Saturday there is only a one-hour session I need to go to so Wendy is coming with me.  A friend from Moscow and her 1st grade daughter are going with us.

In the mail today were some press-on name tags for Wendy.  I figured I'd better mark her clothes before she goes to camp this summer.  Now I just have to get out the iron and start "pressing."  Ugh!

I planted some onion sets, peas, radishes & spinach in the garden last week.  Nothings come up yet & the onions are looking rather limp but maybe this nice weather will help.  Also planted some tomatoes indoors – a few of them have come up.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry 
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album