Tuesday, April 12, 2016

1965-66 Serena (+MV) letter & Schedule





April 16, 1965
New Vienna, O.
Dear Grandma & Granddaddy,

Sorry to hear about your accident.  Hope you feel much better.

I still have the troll you gave me last year when you came home from Florida.

I decided to take cooking in 4H.  I am in Fun with Snacking & Packing.  Which is first year.  We have had two mettings [sic] already.

My next appointment with Dr. Hull or (orthodontist) May 1, 1965.  We go to Dr. Hause April 20, 1965.

Tomorrow we are going to Leesburgh [sic] on the train and then walking back on the tracks only this time we are going to take our luck [lunch?] with us, also the Beam boys are going with us.  Bruce really is for trains.  Well I better be closing now.

Your Grandaughter,
Serena Uible


[on the back side is a letter from MV "dictated" to and translated by Serena] 

Go Gah
bo bah, Ga
ba ba & coo,

sa ba bo aba ga                                  
ga ga baba

ba ba ba

Translated:

April 16, 1965
New Vienna, O.
Dear Grandma & Granddaddy,

We miss you very much.
Your Youngest Grandaughter,
Mary V. Uible                        

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album