Sunday, April 24, 2016

1976 MV's Letter to John -Apr.25


(John) [referring to the sticker]

April 25, 1976
Dear John,

Hi!  As you can see I have not forgotten how to write!

Next Sunday Vanessa, Bert, Dad & I are going to see the Reds play the Expos.  We got Box seat tickets from Diamond International.

I have been planting in my garden.  So far I have onions, lettuce, broccoli, green beans, potatoes, corn and bachelor buttons (flowers).  The onions should be ready next week.

Liggets came over yesterday at 7:00 pm and left at 11:15 or 11:30.  When I went to bed Roberta was watching "Saturday Night."  I don't know whether or not she saw "Chevy Chase."

Nothing much is new at school other than the variety show the first of the month.

The Reds should have it easy next Sunday with the Expos.  They won yesterday and again today 7-0.

I am starting to have a collection of quarters.  I have 16 of them.

Monday
Am listening to the Reds game on radio. They are playing Phillies. The score is 9-9.  When I went to the last game I bought a yearbook.  So that's one thing I won't have to buy.

Well, better get to bed.

Love, 
Mary Va. Uible

P.S. Please tell Bill Albret that if wants to call me names, he better write it to me and not in Jane Ann's letters.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album