Friday, June 19, 2015

1965 Serena's letter to Girl Scouts -June 19

The letter scanned below is most likely a draft of the letter which Serena sent to the Girl Scouts.  Their response, though less personal, was very efficient and will be appearing in a few days.  Apologies for the poor quality of the scan – the original is quite faded and the "retouching" makes the whole page darker.


New Vienna, O.
June 19, 1965
Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
830 3rd Ave. [inserted]
New York, New York
830 3rd Ave.


Dear  Sirs:

I need help!  We don't have Girl Scouts in our community because 4-H has cooking, sewing, etc. for town and country girls.  But for boys in 4-H they have electronics, wood-burning, etc. for country boys.  But they also have baseball & Boy Scouts.  Which is unfair to girls.  But please don't tell me to just start Girl Scouts.  That is impossible!  Please help me plus other girls of my community.  I was 10 Jan. 20th & going in the 5th grade.  So I also have all requirements.  

Your hope to be Girl Scout
Serena Uible                      

P.S.  My address is:
Serena Uible
Box 50
New Vienna, O.





No comments:

Items from Uible photo album