Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One of the three loaves going to Indiana

This is one of the breads I've made to go with Roberta and Sid to Indiana. I did make some relatively minor changes - I substituted Splenda for half of the sugar in the bread itself. A lot of breads you can just cut back on the sugar, but, in general, I haven't found that very satisfactory as when you cut back on the sugar, the flavor of the banana doesn't seem to come through nearly as clearly. Also, I put together the topping with all that sugar, but then when I went to put it on - it just seemed like WAY too much - there'd be like a sugar coating on top of the bread . . . so on an impulse I only used about maybe a quarter of the topping - did use the full measure of chocolate chips though.

The link to the lovely food blog where I found this recipe is in the title of the post.

Banana Bread with Chocolate and Cinnamon Sugar



3 very ripe bananas (the size doesn’t much matter; medium to large works)
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

For topping:
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album