Monday, September 18, 2006

New Vienna Restaurant



Interesting site for New Vienna history.

This is a picture of the New Vienna restaurant. I remember when it was called "Polly's" for Polly Gibson - who lived down the street, next to the Friends' parsonage/Glen Reese's. She used to drive a Cadillac. She wasn't that friendly to me, but her husband (Tom?) always seemed friendlier.

I also remember that just around the corner there was a tiny house - although I can't quite remember who lived there - I do remember delivering their newspaper. And there were a couple of apartments above the restaurant - I think Elaine Burton lived there at least for a while and Mrs. Murphy?

Anyway, the link is above, you can click on the title of the blog post or here is another link. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary Uible Crowson said...

Serena, you have been BUSY! Very interesting to see and didn't know NV had a website.

Serena said...

The restaurant was also called "Ginny's" for a while.

Items from Uible photo album