Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dancing In The Streets

That's what I felt like doing tonight when I filled up my van with gas for less than $2/gallon...then the icing on the cake was all the new reading on the blog--new posts AND comments! And the moderator thing.....is this another hint that I'm adopted? Then again, Serena and Catherine are both OLDER and smarter than I. Someone had to be stuck with the good looks!! (Sid ought to get a kick out of that!)
Christian went to his first overnight/campout tonight but like most of his friends, chose to come home at bedtime! He must have had a big time beacause he was asleep in less than 5 minutes of his arrival home.
By the way, met a guy here in Dublin who grew up in Mesa...has some connection to SCW although I can't remember what it is. He is a Mormon missionary here for like a year or so.

2 comments:

Serena said...

I have no particularly strong feelings about letting or not letting anyone else have moderator status. I don't think the usual reasons for limiting that would apply to this blog. I can't quite imagine much mauling or deleting of others' posts - which is probably the biggest reason for limiting. Also, sort of cooking, if you have too many people mucking about, it would make rather of a mess. Again, I don't think that would be much of a problem.

Moderators can modify quite a few of the elements - like which links are "featured" in the right column, what the blog is called, description, most of the little elements that are everything EXCEPT the posts. If one had too many people tweaking it could look messy, but don't think that would happen here. That part is not all that complicated, but it is a little . . . technical and could be confusing to novices.

Moderators can send out invitations to others to become members. Although since we have 4 or so unanswered invitations and, I seriously doubt if we have many people all that desperate for an invitation . . .

Moderators, at least for this blog, must approve all non-member comments - this prevents spam and "noise" comments. This has to be done once in a while - but, at least so far, I haven't approved any non-member comments.

I'm expecting that at some point in the relatively near future this blog will be go over to the new and improved version of Blogger which is still in beta. It is MUCH easier to use, faster and there are fewer technical elements. At this point, this blog doesn't qualify because this is a team blog (multiple members). I would guess this blog may be one of the earlier TEAM blogs able to switch over. We don't have LOTS and LOTS of posts, nor many members and at least one of us has a fairly long history with Google which, I think, at least sometimes pays off.

Mary Uible Crowson said...

I should have said jk after the moderator thing...because I have no desire to be the moderator of anything. As RUK says, I just like to read because it's like you're eavesdropping on people's lives!

Items from Uible photo album