Tuesday, September 21, 2021

1991 Roberta's Letter - Sep.23

 

9/23/91

Hi!  We will be leaving soon for Miss Wendy's B'day dinner -- at Fajita's! [Roberta's spelling is more creative . . . .]

I'll enclose some copies of some recent "thank yous" we have received lately.  It's budget time for next year so I made a copy for my boss -- suppose I should always make a copy for her!

My reservations are made to fly out Oct. 5th -- arriving in Columbus 3:45pm.  Flight back is the 12th leaving after 6:00 pm.  I'd like to get to see John & Julie but I'd also like to get to Hillsboro on the 5th -- if we could get back to Hillsboro at a decent time.  I'll be bringing her some Halloween decorations -- mostly pumpkins & black cats!

Have you all settled in after the big trip and entertaining Hiestands -- ???  We got postcard today of all the steps -- wow!  Did you all climb them??  The opera in Russian -- sounds pretty cultural to me!

Tomorrow a group of us will do Squaw Peak.  I feel fortunate to have a job w/ flexible hours that allows me to hike in AM.  Will leave the house by 5:30 AM.

Did I tell you Sandi Patty will be in PHX Oct. 15th?  At new huge arena in Southwest PHX.  I plan to go w/ about 6 others.  My 8 passenger car comes in quite handy!

Thanks for your cards -- Shirley especially appreciates the "very foreign" stamps!

Hope you can read my scribbles -- as G'ma says I take that after my Dad!

Much Love,
Roberta, et.al.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album