Tuesday, September 07, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter -Sep.9

                         
[9/9/81]
Wednesday pm
(10:00)
Dear Family --

We just got here -- have good seats for the 10:30 show (see program) -- just got out of the movie (FOUR SEASONS) about half hour ago.  G'ma & I sure keep busy!  As Vera would say -- 'go to bed & get up the same night.'

Today was a beautiful scenery day -- we got a good view table at 9:00 (for B'fast)  & kept it till 1:30 -- (after lunch).  tonight was the special Dutch meal -- we all wore little hats -- really crazy!  I took my #3 picture -- of 36 --

Still hard for me to believe I'm changing jobs when I get home -- esp. w/the idea of moving -- AGAIN -- on top of that!  Didn't want to keep the house & try to rent it out -- also afraid to keep it -- w/ the prospects of not liking the job -- since the 1st year is going to be the hardest!  Will be interesting to get the people in there -- hoping to get the 1 house filled w/ people by Oct. 1st -- so can get community backing -- thus hope to crank up alot donated things -- from furniture to linens for the other 5 houses.  They are beautiful homes -- each w/ a grassed fenced in back yard.

Think you also asked me about what title I would have -- PROJECT SUPERVISOR -- I'm working for Maricopa County -- LONG TERM CARE.  This project is the dream of one of the County Supervisors.

Rough waters predicted tonight -- they gave complimentary Dramamine pills --

Did I tell you all we had complementary flower arrangement (fresh) in our room when we arrived -- from Travel Agent.  Many agents gave their people free bottle of wine, etc.  So good choice -- the flowers!

Very cold today -- 50º -- I only went outside & back in to get the Hot Chocolate --

Will try to call you from Oregon --

Love to All,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album