Friday, September 17, 2021

1991 Roberta's Letter -Sep.15

 

9/15/91

Hi Dad & Mom!

Welcome Back to the USA!  From the sounds of your postcards sounds like your trip has been a great one.

It's been a busy 3 weeks -- just the usual -- but I'm now officially in training -- CROSS TRAINING -- for 1) El Tour de Tucson --- 11/23 & a 10 mile hike at Grand Canyon on 11/19 with a group of women (now that most of us are over 40 years old!)  Dad are you interested in the el tour -- if you all will be here 11/23?

The Grand Canyon trip will not be all the way down -- just down to Indian Gardens -- A mere 10 mile trip -- but still a bit of a challenge.  I'm still very interested in getting a Uible / Horton Grand Canyon trip organized.  I'll get info concerning getting it arranged when I go 11/9.  

Sid has made his Indiana reservations 10/15 - 10/26.  Sid plans to go to Tucson w/me 11/22 -- we will probably stay 3-4 days total.  Due to this I need to be here while Sid is gone to Indiana.  That puts my Ohio trip dates up in the air.

I'll need to know dates you all could p/u at airport.  Serena generously offered to pick me up in Cincy but I can fly into Columbus much cheaper & great price only requires 7 day advance.

I'm joining 1st United Methodist this next Sunday -- 22nd.  Thought about doing it for quite some time.  I did attend United Meth. women evening circle.  Two of the circles actually meet at nursing homes -- if that tells you anything of age group.

Our new resident is quite something -- at 82 she is still a cleaning fanatic, pulling out the washer to clean behind it -- thus breaking the hose!  Also pulled out the refrigerator to clean behind that.  She always saves the dirt to show me.  FRANCES -- born in Poland moved to France during the war.  She is often up on chairs cleaning the walls, shelves, etc.  As Inez says -- she is not normal!  Inez is not a cleaning fanatic.

I've taped several cassettes for you -- mostly just weekend editions of Focus on the Family & Swindoll's Sunday -- 45 minute sermon.

AGAIN -- welcome back -- I'm sure you did get to know the 14 travellers quite well.  Any of your group from Arizona?  Any others who did not go?  How was the food?

Mozart just managed to spill my drinking glass which was up on the table.  He is a very friendly cat -- always wants to be doing whatever Sid or I'm doing.  Last nite we were playing Kings on the Corner -- but he kept trying to leap on top of the cards -- that were of course on the table.  Grandma would have had a fit w/ him on the top of the table.  Beethoven is his usual temperamental self --

Gotta go --

Thanks for the postals.  I'll take care of Miss Wendy's birthday gifts.

Much love,

R ----

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album