Saturday, September 11, 2021

1991 MV's Letter -Sep.10


 9-10-91

Dear Mom & Dad,

Welcome Home!  We hope you had a good trip and took lots of pictures; and that you didn't run into any problems.

We got your itinerary and note last week -- if mail moved faster I would have written sooner and sent this to the USSR.  You have certainly been in our thoughts and prayers.

Don has been busy with school and Ichthus begins their meetings tonight.  He thought about running for Student Body President but decided that would be too much.  He is still thinking about whether he will keep up his position with Ichthus this year.  It is difficult to devote the time necessary (Ichthus) when we live so far away.  Don has been carpooling with the youth director (& wife) here in Somerset.  So, they usually leave about 6:30 or 7:00 AM and return around 5 or 6 PM.  The car-pooling (waiting) gives him time to study at the library at least.

Fall programming here is nearly full swing -- by mid October there will be 12 choirs meeting.  We have gone from 3 to 4 choirs on Wednesday night and added a tone chime choir for 2nd & 3rd grade.  Tone Chimes are similar to handbells but made of aluminum, tubular and the clapper is on the outside.

Don went to the Doctor last week for his physical; Dr. Kelley said that he had had food poisoning because there was still some infection in his system.  [transcription note:  more medical stuff that maybe shouldn't be made public -- at least by me].

Friday morning I woke up with a stiff leg & left hip, unable to even walk on it.  We went to the Doctor & found out I had bursitis.  He gave me a cortisone shot and immediately got better.  By Saturday I was fine.  (I thought only old people got bursitis!)

Catherine called Sunday night while I was at church.  Don said she talked for a good while and Wendy wanted to talk!  (I can't remember the last time Catherine called me)  -- anyway Don gave her my schedule to call back.  I wrote Serena a note, but not having her address, I sent to New Vienna with instructions to please forward.  Talked with John right after you left & they said they were planning to go to Boston & Exeter.

We will be leaving 10/13 to do the revival in Southern Tennessee (McBurg) which is one (of 4) of Betsye Fowler's churches.  And then we'll be home 10/19.

Better go; I'm going to Christian Women's Club & want to get this in the mail.  Again, glad you're home.

Love,
M.V. & Don

P.S. Teri Tegeder is getting married 10/5; we will probably be in New Vienna night of 10/4 if that's okay.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album