Wednesday, September 22, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Sep.24

[Roberta is now a student at U.C.]


Sept. 24, 1971

Dear Family,
 
Hi!  Hope the phone call tonight didn't scare you all too much!  Do appreciate you all giving me the class #'s.  I've already looked up the building & room numbers.   Now tomorrow I'll have to look up these buildings!!

Today was a busy day -- we had alot of meetings -- met with student advisor, etc.

Tonight Melissa came by & we went to her place.  We tried to call the Hortons (Her idea!) but they weren't at home.

I have two classes in Building A-4 5th floor of that COMPLEX!!

My two roommates are Melinda & Jeanne.  Melinda is from Shelby, Ohio -- near Mansfield.  Jeanne is from New Jersey.  She is a 3rd quarter freshman.  Melinda is just out of high school!  She is pretty funny -- even has a book of etiquette up here!!  Melinda wants to be a legal secretary, Jeanne is in Business.

Shelly Purtee went home this week-end.  Thought I would wait till next week-end!!

I think I'll wait & get my books paid for first before I start a bank account!

I'm going to talk to Mr. Saga tomorrow about the job at the lunch room.

Well I better close -- do tell Grandma & Mrs. Brewer [or Mrs. Brown?] hello for me!!

Love --
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album