Monday, July 20, 2020

1990 MV's letter -July 24

7/24/90
Dear Mom & Dad --

Have been writing the family & thought of a couple things I didn't tell you on the phone, so wanted to send off a quick note.

I will be singing at Wilmore United Methodist on Sunday, Aug. 5th for the main service if you'd like to combine that with a visit that weekend.  If you're available we could make reservations for you at Beeson Manor, Shakertown, Red Roof (or you could share our twin bed in the spare bedroom)!

The other thing is that we ordered the reprints of wedding pictures today -- I couldn't remember exactly what you wanted beside the one of the family and the one cutting the cake, so I picked out 3 others I thought you'd like.  They are supposed to be in app. 2 weeks.  The check you gave me I wrote for pictures for you & us plus for the wedding I am in at Thanksgiving for the dress and shoes for bridesmaid.  I hope this was okay.

Hadn't really communicated with Roberta or Catherine since ? (the wedding?) so I wrote them a letter (individually).  J.B. said Roberta had told him we weren't taking the job in Georgia . . . so I wanted to squelch rumors.  We don't know what we'll be doing until we get any offers.  If Georgia is the only thing offered, we may go.  It's hard to tell what will happen in the next 2-3 months.

No more word on Don's grandmother, so we're assuming she's okay.  No news is good news.  Geneva (Don's mom) was going to drive back to Lubbock for a couple days to rest & check her mail.  Out of the 9-10 living children in the family (and tons of grandchildren) 2-3 are doing all the care for her.  (I can't imagine -- his Grandmother (deceased) Crowson had 14 children & Grandmother Self had 12!!)

If you have not sold the van by the time we go to Canada (8/8) we'd like to borrow it since it is  more comfortable and has air conditioning.  If you sell it, don't worry about it.  Don't hang on to it just so we can take it!  That would not be $ smart.  Off to put this in the mail.

Love, 
MV & Don 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album