Tuesday, July 07, 2020

1980 Kyung Ho Kim letter -July11


July 11, '80
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Uible,

I was very delighted to receive your kind letter dated June 10, 1980.  Mie Young is so much excited to visit your family in very near future.

Her younger sister, In Young (7th) & younger brother Young Duk (6th) are already saying that they are going to miss her very much.  

Well, as you know, her aunt's family and some other relatives are living at LA. area, so Mie Young's plan is to go to L.A. on first part of August and she is going to stay a couple weeks before visit you.

It seems to me that your family will be back to New Vienna around 20th of August.  

Mie Young will contact your Catherine's place in Madras, Oregon or your residence in New Vienna before she departs from L.A.  I think she visit you a little better when you are staying home.

I suggested to go to New Vienna from L.A. by Greyhound bus for some good experience.  I really think that it's good for herself which she can see something and feel about your country, where she is going to stay for a long time.

Well, Aug. of 1957 I had same experience which I took Greyhound bus from San Francisco to Chicago.  I remember it took about 2 and half days.  My first impression of America was that it was a very big modern country.  Compared to small over-crowded Korea, this country was as vast as an ocean.  Thinking of my mother country, I could not help enjoying this big and rich country at that time.  I became even more determined to learn more, in order to help Korea better herself.

Please don't hesitate to let us know that Mie Young's average living expenses such as foods & beverages, etc. per month.  We are willing to remit some money for her occasionally.  Of course, later on she can work a part-time job at somewhere, and earn some money for her own use.

Please have a nice and valuable meeting and vacation with your children where scattered around in U.S.A. (best regards to all your children.)

May I pray for your family and your church, wherever you may be to be given a great blessing of our Father, and our family will be most glad to hear from you soon again.

I shall always appreciate your generosity, kindness and wonderful friendship very much.

With warm personal regards, I am, 

Very Cordially yours,
Kyung Ho Kim

Please forgive my poor letter and terrible hand-writing.  So Long!

Best regards to Dr. & Mrs. Hause and Dr. & Mrs. Yong Jin Kim (487 Indian Ripple Road, Wilmington).  I know Mrs. Kim very well since High School days in our church.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album