Friday, February 28, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Jan.26


January 26, 1980

Dear Mother, Dad, & Mary,

Hi!  Here it is 3:45 and the mailman has not come yet - it's doubtful though that I will finish this before he does come.  We had about 3-4 inches of snow last night so that has probably slowed him down.  It also meant we got some extra hours in today clearing off the sidewalks.  It is also a blessing because it had been so warm that I was getting behind in my outside work - pulling weeds, raking wood chips, etc. so the snow will cover it all up for awhile.  Sandi is coming tomorrow (Sunday) for the monthly inspection.  She says that January is such a busy month for her at work that she can't afford to take a day off to come over on a work day.

Tonight we are going to celebrate my birthday by going to a seafood dinner at the Elks and the dance afterwards.  They always have good seafood and in such quantities.  We are looking forward to a good dinner.

Wendy is feeling much better today.  The Dr. said that her throat was very inflamed and her tonsils were swollen.  He prescribed some liquid penicillin so we have been giving her that.  I'm glad I took her to the Dr. though because she probably wouldn't have gotten better so quickly without the medicine.

It's now Monday and we just got back from the Pediatrician's in Bend.  Wendy checked out just fine.  The Dr. said the hives weren't anything to worry about unless they really bother her (which they haven't) and she hasn't even had any for over a week.

We got two Guideposts last week.  The February issue came on Wednesday and then on Saturday the January issue arrive.  Thank you for the subscription.

Since it snowed on Saturday it has been very cold.  Last night it got down to -16º and is staying around 0º today.  Fortunately I don't have any work that has to be done outside for a few days, or until it clears up.

We got our reprints back so will be sending you some pictures soon.  I think I'll send them to Roberta first and let her send them on to you.

Your letter and the birthday card arrived on Saturday.  Thanks for the money.  I haven't really decided what I'm going to spend it on but I'll let you know.  I have some books I've been thinking about buying so I may do that.  I also appreciate those papers you sent on the microwave.  There were some good ideas on there.  Gerry has reordered it for the 3rd time now so if it is in stock yet it should arrive next week.  Otherwise we'll just have to keep trying. 

Oh, I meant to tell you Wendy weighed in at 29 lbs. and 35½ inches which the Dr. said put her in the 75% for children her age.  That means she is a little above average in both.

Love,
Catherine,
Gerry, & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album