Sunday, February 08, 2015

1975 Roberta's Letter -Feb. 4

February 4, 1975
Dear Family,

Hi!  I've got more shocking news – I got a 'C' – even a good 'C' on my first statistics test.  So, now 1 down and 2 to go!

I still can't believe I've quit working – but it will be a good feeling not to work this weekend.  If I'm remembering right I've worked every Sunday since about the 2nd week of October.

I need another prescription refilled.  The # is 12043.  There's no hurry on it – I won't have to take any of them till March 1st –– But that will be here before you know it!

Mary Virginia – when did you learn to count change?  Dorothy's daughter Monica, who is 10 can't get it straight there are 4 quarters in a dollar, or 5 dimes in 50¢, etc.

Do you all buy any fish from the Curtis's fish store?  As far as prices go they sell it cheaper than you can get it down here – that I can't figure out!

I had a nice letter from Julie Wiget.  She is going to Oberlin College next year.

It's now Wednesday morning – I've got to get on the ball.

Oh – when I talked to Nancy Walker on the phone she told me that Jackie [omitted for privacy sake.].  Is that still what's happening?  Is she still working or what?

Love, Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album