Tuesday, February 24, 2015

1975 Roberta's Letter -Feb. 23


February 23, 1975


Dear Family,

Hi!  Can't believe February is about over –

The Buick really looks nice – now I've got a two-tone car!  Green on the outside & beige on the inside!  I just couldn't see paying to get the inside painted – thought that would be plain & simple vanity!  HA!  But it does look lots better – about 5 years younger!

Hope you all had a good time in N.Y.C.  I'm glad Catherine was able to meet you all.

OH!  Ranch House was broken into last night – through the air conditioning deal on the roof.  They didn't get any $ – but they tried!  They did get a couple of boxes of steaks, also some hams & turkeys.  (You know what I mean – not whole turkeys but like rolled turkey)

I did work on Saturday & Friday.  A full day on Friday & just 3 hours on Saturday (5:30 to 8:30 AM)  Then I went down to school & studied statistics w/ this boy in my stat class.  Poor thing – he's as dumb as I am and he's scared to death he will flunk & that would be awful because his father is a Doctor.  (I don't know what that has to do w/ him flunking)  I told him he shouldn't feel bad if he does BAD in stat – cause my Dad's a lawyer & I really struggled through a political science course!!

Dorothy is here – we're going to try & get our statistics down pat.  This 2nd test will show where we stand –

Got to close – have a Happy Birthday Mary Virginia!!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album