Saturday, August 30, 2014

1984 Catherine's letter -Aug.25

August 25, 1984

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Sorry about the confusion of the telephone calls this week.  We did clear up part of the mystery but the rest remains.  According to Wendy we received two calls from "Grandma" on Wednesday, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  She was here with the babysitter and we still do not know who these calls were from.  That was when I called you the two times on Thursday morning.  Then while I was gone on Thursday morning came the third call which we found later was from our insurance agent in Madras who was calling to answer our questions about the new policy we got when the house changed from owner-occupied to rental.  We knew her pretty well and she knows Wendy and called her "Sweetie."

The Moscow/Latah County Library called yesterday and my interview is scheduled for Wednesday, the 29th at 11 a.m.  Supposedly they wanted someone to start on Sept. 1 so there shouldn't be too much delay in selecting their new employee.  I'm really hoping I get the job.  I'll let you know the outcome as soon as I find out.

Summer seems to be winding down here as it has only been getting up in the high 60;s or low 70's during the day and down to around 40º at night.  Our house doesn't warm up much as it is surrounded by big trees so we've had to turn the heat on several times already.  Fortunately for the heat bill it is a small house.

And speaking of houses we intend to find a different place to live as soon as we know what my employment status is.

Wendy is looking forward to several big events in September like school starting, the County Fair, and of course, her birthday.  We really haven't thought much about what to get her for her birthday.  She loves that Cabbage Patch doll that Doris (?) made plus her other two dolls so I might get her some new doll clothes.  One of her dolls is now named "Urena."  Don't you think that would have been a good name for one of your children?

And now a message from Wendy:

cathy gerry wendy deedee j

That's the end of Wendy's message.  She likes to type but gets upset when she makes a mistake.  She's more of a perfectionist than I am.

I got stung by a yellow jacket on Thursday and now I have a big red area on m arm that burns and itches.  I put some ointment on it earlier this morning and it helped for awhile.  I guess I should keep putting it on.

I can't think of much else that is newsworthy so I guess I'll close and get on down to the post office.

Love,

Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album