Friday, October 12, 2012

1992 Roberta's Letter to GHU - Oct. 12

Roberta, I love your letters to Grandma.  Will you write to me when I'm 100-years-old?  Apologies for not making all the words in CAPS that are capitalized in the original.  That would slow down the typing.  Transcription follows.
Posted by Picasa

Dear Grandma,

How are you doing? I called Aunt Mary today & talked with her on the phone! Wish you could hear better – I'd be happy to call you & talk on the phone! I never worry about my phone bill!

I'm glad that Uncle Bill & Aunt Mary got to go see Cris & Angela & their 2 children in Indiana!  Aunt Mary told me that Cris does a lot of the cooking & that he uses a pressure cooker a lot.  I remember how you used to use one a lot for vegetables.  I don't think my Mom uses it much  – but I think Aunt Mary does – when she cooks – HA!

Actually I'm the one that doesn't cook much – with Sid being a good cook & we like to eat out.  I've got to start my diet soon!  Maybe after I get back from Ohio – I'll be seeing you in about 1 month.

Mozart – the younger cat got out of the house – he is impossible to chase – so much faster than I am! – he came back – guess he got hungry!

How is Sadie?  I'm so thankful you have her to help you.  Please remember if you & Sadie every want a vacation – come to Arizona to our house.  Maybe you two would like to come after Christmas.

The presidential election is less than 1 month away.  Do you think the Republicans will win?  I know how you like to vote – straight Republican – Right?  Remember that Buzz Lukens – the Republican who got into trouble with women & all in Washington DC?  He gave us Republicans a bad name!

We ate out today – had apple pie with ice cream for dessert – no way to lose weight – huh?  Have you had any good pie lately?

Gotta go – hope my writing isn't too hard to read – it's like Dad's isn't it?

Lots of love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album