Monday, December 14, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Dec.15

 


Monday, December 15, 1980

Dear Mother, Dad & Mary,

Hi!  Here I am at work with a little extra time so thought I'd get a letter started to you.

Now we are thinking perhaps it would be better to make our stop in Ohio on our way back from Maine rather than on the way there.  Does it make any difference to you?  That would mean we would arrive on either March 17 or 18th and have to leave on the 20th.  Please think about whether that would be worse than the previous week for you as we are flexible.

We went shopping in Bend Saturday and got Wendy some new shoes.  She is now wearing a size 9 ½ -- same size as mine!  Ha!  We got a couple more little things for her -- a puzzle, a fork with Cookie Monster on it, and a jogging suit size 6 so it should fit for awhile.  We also got some things for DeeDee.  Now our shopping is about all done except for stocking stuffers and we should be able to get them here.  I finally got my Christmas cards off this morning so that is a relief.

Tuesday morning.  We have a busy week this week.  Tonight I have UMW -- my last meeting as secretary.  That will be a relief to be done with that.  Tomorrow is a Red Cross Blood Drive, and then the monthly Birthday dinner at the Elks.  Gerry will get a free dinner since his birthday is this month and it will really be a birthday dinner since it falls on his birthday.  Thursday night Gerry has Elks and my Bunco group meets.

I need to go to the store this morning so better close.  I will be calling soon!

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album