Thursday, December 10, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Dec.12

 

Friday, December 12, 1980

Dear Mother, Dad & Mary,

Hi!  I wanted to get these copies of the Amtrak schedule off to you so you can see our proposed route.  Also, we need you to decide which of those Ohio towns would be the most convenient for you to meet us in.  Our plans tentatively are to arrive in Ohio on Monday, March 9 and depart on Wednesday or Thursday for the continuation of the trip.  But before I can make the reservations I need to know which town to plan the stopover in.  Ideally, we would like to make the reservations by the end of next week.

Tomorrow we are going to Bend to do some more shopping for Christmas and get Wendy a new pair of shoes as she has almost worn through that pair of saddle shoes which you may remember her getting as hand-me-downs while you were here.  We have also been buying all of our meat in a store in Bend that seems to have much better prices and quality as well as selection than here in Madras.  And we will probably stop at the canned food store in Redmond as we found some real bargains there the last time we stopped.

DeeDee is arriving on December 26 and staying through January 6th.  It will be much more convenient for us since she is flying in and out of Redmond.  She will change from Western Air Lines to Republic (formerly Hughes Air West ) in San Francisco.  Wendy is very excited about her coming.  Every time she thinks we aren't treating her properly she cries "I want DeeDee".  She also goes through the list of her aunts periodically, saying I want Aunt Serena or Aunt Mary, etc.  She even talks about her Aunt Linda & Aunt Debbie who she hasn't even met yet.  She doesn't forget her uncles either!

I better close as I desperately need to work on my Christmas cards and I want to get this off in the mail today.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album