Sunday, December 06, 2020

1970 Catherine's Letter -Dec.8

 

Tues. Morning
12/8/70

Dear Mom, Dad, Serena, John, and Mary,

Hi!  Well, the rest of my life has begun.  I just finished my exams.  Tonight and tomorrow I'm going to help Dick type a paper, plus work off and on at the library until Friday when we both start full time.  At the end of my German exam I received a copy of the comp questions which have to be prepared by the ninth week of spring quarter.  Always on to bigger and better things, ha!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon for a physical.  I didn't feel at all well last week but this week is better.  Especially now with the immediate pressures removed.

I have begun packing up some stuff to eventually remove my belongings from the dorm.  I made an investment in the future the other day and bought a 64¢ cake pan.  I'm going to visit the Good Will soon and buy a new pair of pants to keep myself warm, too.  I really like the cold weather when I'm decently clothed.  Last weekend we had a little snow and I really enjoyed walking around in the fields behind Dick's house.

My address will be 5449 W. Texas Dr., Kalamazoo, Mich. 49002

I don't think we're going to have the telephone connected since there's a pay phone about a mile down the road.  I could give you its number but I don't spend a whole lot of time there!  If it is necessary to get ahold of me in a hurry I would suggest calling the Crosby's who live about 2 miles away.  The number is . . . .

See you in about two weeks!

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album