Friday, December 11, 2020

1970 Roberta's Letter -Dec.13

 


Dec. 13, 1970

Dear Family,

Thanks alot for the letter(s) Friday.  Really appreciate your letter Serena.  Glad to know that you all are fine.  Also hope that you -- Mom & Dad had a good time on your trip!

It's now almost 10:00.  Pam & I just got back from early church at the Newberg Friends.  Mary is still sleeping -- I'd be tired too if I moved as SLOW as she did.  Well, I'll have to tell you more about that when I see you all.

OH!  Pam & I will be rooming together next term.  We had to talk it over with the R.A. & also Dean of Students.  Mary will have a private room.  Pam's roommate is moving in with another girl whose room-mate is leaving.

Mary isn't suppose to come to a decision about it till tomorrow -- but I'm not sure what kind of a decision she has to make.  That's just one example of how slow she is!

I had a letter from Julie Wiget -- she told me that Esther Janes was in the hospital with a leg infection.  Did you all know anything about that?

My exams start Tuesday with Sociology being the first one.  It's bad enough having to take them but paying $5.00 just about kills me.  I've never had to pay to take a school test.  Well -- maybe I'll do better since I'm paying.  Um --

Last night about 15 of us went Christmas caroling.  It was pretty funny because about half the houses we went to had something to do with the college.  We didn't know that, though.  We did sing at one persons house who tried to give us a dollar!!

In Chapel last week I had some very inspirational (?) news.  It was that tuition will be app. $260.00 higher next year.  I've also got the bill for next terms tuition, room & board & all.  Yes -- I am interested in a job over Christmas.  At least one week.

Pam's mother will be picking me up in Portland on Jan 4th -- as planned now.

Glad to hear about Serena & John doing so good selling the magazines from (for) the school.  Mary Virginia -- be sure & save a picture of you for me.

I'll quit for now.  Will see you all this Friday.  Please think of me taking my finals.

Love,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album