Wednesday, October 21, 2015

1985 Catherine's letter -Oct.21

 dear grandma and grandad

I hope you like this letter

please go to velvasheen

How are you   I am fine

School is great.  here is a math ptoblem for you

     54030
+   44040

     98070

p's goodbye

Love  Wendy


Monday, October 21, 1985

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi! Wendy did all the typing on the other side of this letter.  She is hoping you can go to Velvasheen and get us some matching shirts.  She has been wearing some of mine recently and they seem to fit her OK so I guess you could get her ladies size.  We understand that it will be awhile before you are able to get there!

I have continued to call this Rick Beebe about his unpaid bill but I haven't yet been able to talk to him.  It appears he is able to evade all calls – but I haven't given up.  Maybe someday on my lunch hour I'll go over to this Carpet Mill and see if I can do better in person.

I bought a make-it-yourself skeleton costume at a fabric store which I am hoping to wear for my storytime appearances at the library.  Wendy is hoping to be a cheerleader for Halloween nut we don't have an outfit for her to wear yet.  We'll see.  Hope we find something soon.

The Colfax library is closed today to move books to the remodeled side so that they can put carpet down on the part where the books were.  I volunteered to help but they said they had enough help already – using volunteers from the county jail.  Just as well, I have plenty to do on my day off.  They are still hoping to be finished with the remodeling by Nov. 15.

Tomorrow at the Moscow library is the date of our monthly branch meeting when the branch supervisors come to Moscow for a meeting.  We are going to take the whole day and tour all five of the branch libraries.  I have been to all of them but some of them have never seen the other libraries so hopefully it will be worthwhile.  It is part of my administrative duties to attend these meetings.

Well, it is about time for me to be leaving for the post office and then to Wendy's school for my monthly visit to read stories and talk about the public library.  Today I am reading The Almost Awful Day by Patricia Reilly Giff and The Witch's Hat by Tony Johnston.

Hope you are having a nice Elderhostel [India].  We look forward to hearing from you.

Love,                  
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album