Sunday, October 29, 2006

ALERTED!

I too get the UIBLE ALERTS and to think the world got the Pictures of Dad and his upcoming birthday! Also got the alerts of Mary Virginia's devotionals! I can't wait to see my name as an alert. Won't be like America's Most Wanted.....Did anyone else miss the program last night. Meaning it was not on, I turned it on, but it was some sort of sports game instead! I was able to watch a program on cold case files. Excellent! Though not appreciated by others who share this roof! We have a busy day tomorrow including having an appointment at the bank with the lock people since we seemed to have lost the key to our lockbox. Seems to me it is an easy way for them to make an extra $150. Wonder how much Park National would charge.....but what I wonder the most is what valuables we will find in this box. My third grade picture??? Stay tuned.....Roberta the poster......

2 comments:

Catherine Uible Morgan said...

Roberta, glad you've had time to do more than lurk! Yes, I also get the google alerts. I also signed up for a blog "New Vienna" alert but have had to modify it several times to try to narrow it down to just the New Vienna's that I'm interested in. Yesterday I got a message that included the words in this sentence "The new Vienna, Virginia mayor ...." If I add the word Ohio to the search though then hardly anything shows up. So far the words with New Vienna that I have blocked are Iowa, Austria, and Teng. (Anybody know this Teng person? -- a musician?) Serena probably knows how to adapt google alerts but I haven't played around with them.

Serena said...

Works the same as Google searches so you can use whatever boolean operators you want.

Items from Uible photo album