Friday, August 03, 2018

1968 Catherine's postcard -Aug.7


[postmarked Aug.7, 1968]

Hi!  Sorry I haven't written lately.  We've been having really fouled up doings with the train and buses but that is over for awhile and today we have a rest day here in Truro.  A couple of the kids are going to Provincetown but I think I'm going to the beach here.  We spent Monday sightseeing in Boston.  Alot of the kids took the Freedom Trail and then went shopping.  I didn't want to go shopping so I went to the library and then on out to Christian Science Church & Publishing House.  I couldn't remember going through the church before.  I ended up walking back to the hostel which took 2 hours.  At least I saw Boston!  I went by the Copley Sq. Hotel.  Remember how snowy it was before?  The hostel in Boston (Christ Church on Dix St. & Dorchester Ave.) is only 2 blocks from the Fields Corner subway station so if you want me to meet you somewhere . . . you have the phone no. don't you? 

How come the Hortons are coming early?  Can Marianne stay until I get home?  It's not fair for her to come all the way to NV and then leave before I get home.  Would somebody do me a favor and send 10¢ for a recipe booklet to The Savers, Dept. M, 600 Madison Ave., NY 10022.  Thanks.  We have a mail stop tomorrow so maybe I'll get the mail I missed at Gloucester!  Ha!

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album