Thursday, August 30, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter -Sept.3

September 3, 1968
Dear Mom, Dad, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  I was glad to get your letter and the clipping today.  Sorry I didn't call – Sue and I were both pretty tired that night.  It took me awhile to get used to the time change.

As I hope you noticed, Saga can use me during Orientation.  Can you all take me up on Wednesday?  Did you remember to change my dentist appointment?

Sue showed me all around Colorado Univ. (where she goes) in Boulder.  It's a beautiful school with quite a large campus.  This fall she will be on the 11th floor of a new dormitory which is about two miles form the main campus.

We went to the Golden Public Library and got some books.  You all are going to have to find a copy of The Overweight Society by Peter Wyden at the library.  It's quite an enlightening (?) book – you've got to read it!

Sunday we rode around in the mountains.  If you care to consult a map we went to Idaho Springs, Georgetown, and then took a back road from Idaho Springs to Central City.  Wow!  We stopped along the way, built a fire and had a picnic.

Last night, Cal and Mike (a friend of his) took us to see "Rosemary's Baby."  We also saw quite a bit of downtown Denver, Temple Buell College, and some other places.  Mike (who I went with) is going to be a junior at Colorado College in Colorado Springs.  Cal is getting pretty anxious to go back to K.

It has beeen raining toay and it's still very overcast – also very cold!  It snowed in the mountains Saturday.

I will probably be home toward the end of next week. (Don't know how yet.)  See you then.

Love,
Catherine

P.S.  How was Labor Day?  Picnic with K's?  Does Marianne have a new address?

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album