Monday, August 13, 2018

1988 Mie Young letter -Aug.21

8/21/88
Sunday
Hi!

How's everyone?  I know it's been a long time since I wrote.  I always think about calling or writing but my timing is terrible.  I'm still living at home and I am still at the Westin Hotel.  Things are going fine and everyone at home's doing fine.

My brother went to Australia to work and visit a friend of his from Korea and In Young's going to summer school.  She'll be going to New York for 2 weeks to visit our aunt and I'm still just working away.

Mom's working to get her driver's license and she's having a hard time during her parking test.

Dad finally got his dealership underway.  They are getting the property in Florence KY by the mall.

So overall, things are going smooth for us.  How is everyone in New Vienna?  When Dad called he said he spoke with Roberta?  I wasn't sure if he was right?  Maybe I thought because you two were away she came to visit Grandma.  How is Grandma?  She should be getting ready to go to Florida soon.  Right?  I'm sorry I haven't visited in a long time but you are always on my mind.  I always think about the things you've done for me and I know I don't do a good job of repaying back the love you gave me.

I'm just dropping a few lines to let you know I'm still alive and thinking about you.  Maybe we can set a time to get together for dinner.  It's very easy to find and it only takes an hour to get here. 

Won't you come over for Mom's great cooking?  Let me know when you would be ready.

We'll love to have you and to see you again.

Don't forget that I love you both and that I miss you too.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Love Always,
Mie Young

1 comment:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Mary,
Knowing that you too treasure the written word; biblical and in real life!
Love those handwritten treasures and I've scanned so many of them for keeping the words alive. Treasure all Mom's letters and my dear Mother-in-law's letters and so many other loved ones that no longer are with us. It is great for reconnecting!
Hugs,
Mariette

Items from Uible photo album