Wednesday, August 15, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -Aug.22?

[8/22?/78]
Tuesday Morning
Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks for calling on Sunday – was good to talk to all of you.  John did have a letter from you all – he brought it to breakfast on Monday – w/out my saying anything.

I'll be home a week from today – seems impossible that the summer is almost gone – it sure has gone by fast!  It flew!  It was great having you all here – though that time went far too fast!

Bet you all were surprised about my fast trip to Florida – I hated to see Rob have to make the trip alone – esp. when I knew he was in a hurry to get there.  Hortons house was really a mess – they were having plastering – painting – etc. done.  We got in at 1:30 – hadn't eaten lunch – and couldn't get close to the refrigerator.  Their phone bill will sure go up – w/ Rob at home now –  We all miss Robbie – but I would have done the same thing – maybe – if that was what I wanted to do.

We all went bowling Sunday night – I had Carlos & Indira for a day & a half – wish you could see those 2 bowl – Carlos bowls on a league in the city – does pretty well – but really a comedy.  Indira gets up there & throws the ball w/ both hands – and got 3 strikes in a row!  Wow!

I've been doing lots of crewel – not needlepoint – I'll have to show you all what I've got going & doing – but hope to save them for Christmas presents – It's so much easier – and quicker than needlepoint.  I usually go down & sit out in front of Kaufman – and work – that way – if I need help I've got it all around!  They tend to be very critical – which I guess doesn't hurt.

Had a letter yesterday from Marion – she was back in Denver after trip to California – was to fly to her parents last Friday – she does want to drive out to Arizona – with us – Buffie & myself.  But we will plan to take 3-4 days – leaving Augusta morning of 31 August.  Why doesn't Grandma plan to fly out 5th or 6th of September – I'd like to get to Yellowstone before the cold weather does!  Last year was just a preview – it would be neat to stay at the Yellowstone Inn – according to my book – it only costs about $22 a night.

Serena – are you still interested in going WEST w/me – you are welcome – but don't do it unless you want to – did you check out the differences – money wise?

Dawn Rosario is sure enjoying her stay/work at the farm!  She says all the time – how she wants to come back next year & work in the dining room again – and Mary Va could come as canteen operator ––

Wednesday night we – Dawn & I plan to go into the city – spend the night & Thursday – it will be my last trip in – haven't been in since you all were here – or rather there.

Time to get ready for breakfast –

 –– now 9:15 – John & Carol & about 12 teenagers have left for the "shore" not exactly sure where – in the Red Avis Van – they won't be back till about 6:00 - supper time.

I too had a letter from Pat Paxton Peters – all I can say is that I hope he gets along w/ the dogs.  [anyone have an idea about his relationship to the family – I'm thinking he could be a great-grandson of Aunt Luna? Grandson of Aunt Luna's daughter, Gladys Paxton?]
 
What's the latest as to the Morgans?  I can't imagine them moving to Ohio – it will be interesting as to what happens ––

Got to go – am to meet a bus – Ray's day off –

Love,
Aberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album