Sunday, August 05, 2018

1988 John's Letter -Aug.9

Aug. 9, 1988
Dear Mom + Dad + Grandma,

Since Serena is coming up I thought I would take this opportunity to send some news back with her.  I hope you had a good time in Canada.

The Divorce Support Group has kept me occupied the past few months.  Besides the camping, we have had picnics, potlucks, game nights and eat out.  I have met some nice people and developed friendships with 2 in particular.  Sometime I will want to introduce you to Kathy and Cindy.

The Moores and McConnells have told me about someone they want me to get to know.  She also sounds very nice.  My problem is I have difficulty finding time for all these people.  I am getting calls all the time because there are so few guys in our support group.

I have been trying to get in touch with Ken and Nancy Colvin but have not found them home.  It looks doubtful for me to attend the walk Sept. 22-25.  I hope to talk to the Calverts about the Columbus walks when we see them Aug. 27th.

Do you know where you will be for Thanksgiving or Christmas yet?  The Moores invited me over for Thanksgiving but I wonder what your plans are.

I am thinking seriously about sharing the house with another guy I talked to a teacher who is interested and perhaps a pastor as well.  Since I am not home much, someone might as well get use of the place!

I am also looking into short-term mission opportunities – probably next year as I am running out of vacation time this year.  The minister from 1st Presby. gave me a brochure with trips to Australia, Morocco, Jamaica and Mexico.  Sounds interesting, doesn't it  I'll keep you posted.

Have a safe trip to Peoria.

Love, 
John

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album