Monday, August 06, 2018

1988 MV's Letter -Aug.15

15 Aug 88
Dear Mom, Dad and Grandma,

I trust the trip to Illinois went well and you got Serena all situated.  I certainly hope her new job works out well and she enjoys it.

I'm enclosing the bulletin from yesterday [see tomorrow's blog post];  it announces my S.Min [Supervised Ministry] and I was responsible for the Ladies Ensemble that sang during the service.  My SMin officially starts next Sunday 21 August.

We have been extremely busy at work.  The back to school crowds have been running about two weeks early so I've gotten some extra hours the last couple weeks.  In less than a month we'll be putting out our Christmas merchandise; it's hard to believe that it's time already.

The controversy over the new movie is interesting.  (Last Temptation).  The Lexington paper carries Cal Thomas' syndicated column which was good yesterday.  Have you read either of his books?  I just heard him on Dr. Dobson a couple months ago.

As far as schedule next week, I have a meeting from 8-9 on Wednesday night, so we'll be coming after that.  Betsye (my Alabama friend), Sandi (she was the dorm R.A. last year, now Assistant dean) are definitely coming.  I'm hoping to find one more person so that there's not 3 of us (odd number) for Kings Island.  They'll leave early Friday, then Friday afternoon I'll head to Columbus.  Probably come home Sunday night, then I have to be in Lexington Wednesday at noon.

School starts Wednesday for public schools here.  Now will you have to help at the school at all this year, Mother?

Hope all is well in New Vienna.  See you soon.

Love,
Mary Va.


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album